Kannada Songs, Riddles and Proverbs in Kannada Script-Professor H.R. Chandrasekhar
Kannada Songs, Riddles and Proverbs in Kannada Script
by: Chair, Department of Physics and Astronomy
Professor H.R. Chandrasekhar, “Chandra,” received a B.Sc. degree from Bangalore University, India in 1966, an M.Sc from Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India in 1968, and a Ph.D. in Physics from Purdue University, Lafayette, IN in 1973. After a post-doctoral fellowships at Purdue University and the Max-Planck-Institute für Festkörperforschung, Stuttgart, Germany, he joined the faculty of the Physics Department at the University of Missouri, Columbia MO in 1978. He is currently Professor of Physics, Department Chair and Director of Graduate Studies. He is an Alfted P. Sloan Fellow and a past consultant to the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) under the TOKTEN project..
Chair and Director of Graduate Studies
Department of Physics
University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211
1966 B.Sc. (Physics): Bangalore University, Bangalore, India.
1968 M.Sc. (Physics): Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India.
December 1973 Ph.D. (Physics): Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, U.S.A.
1996-97: Visiting Reseach Scholar, Department of Physics, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907 (June-Dec. 1996) ; Visiting Research Professor, Optical Sciences Center, University of Arizona, Tuscon.(Jan. -June 1997).
1993: Consultant to India under the Transfer of Knowledge (TOKTEN) program sponsored by the United Nations Development Program (UNDP).
1980-1984: Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Fellowship. One of twenty-one physicists selected in National Competition on the basis of “exceptional potential to make creative contributions to scientific knowledge in the early stages of career”.
1979-1980: University of Missouri Summer Research Fellowships.
1973-1974: David-Ross Fellowship, Purdue University. Awarded for exceptional teaching and research.
1966: Three gold-medals awarded for outstanding scholastic performance in Bachelor of Science examination from the Bangalore University, Bangalore, India.
1963-1968: National Merit Scholarship. Awarded in a National Competition by the Government of India.
1987 to Present: Professor, Dept. of Physics and Astronomy, University of Missouri-Columbia.
1982 to 1987: Associate Professor, Dept. of Physics, University of Missouri-Columbia.
1978 to 1981: Assistant Professor, Department of Physics, University of Missouri-Columbia
Oct. 1975-Jan. 1978: Research Scientist at the Max-Planck-Institut fü r Festkö rperforschung, Stuttgart, West Germany with Profs. Manuel Cardona and Ludwig Genzel.
Jan. 1974-Oct. 1975: Research Associate, Physics Department, Purdue University with Prof. A.K. Ramdas.
Jan. 1970-Dec. 1973: Research Assistant, Physics Department, Purdue University
Membership in Professional Societies:
American Physical Society, Missouri Academy of Science, American Association of University Teachers, SPIE.
Scientific Interests: Application of Optical techniques for a variety of organic and inorganic materials including biological systems. Spectroscopic investigation of normal and malignant tissues of colon in an effort to identify tissue specific features.
Selected Publications (110 total)
- Neutron transmutation doping as an experimental probe for AsSe in ZnSe, E.D. Wheeler, Jack L. Boone, J.W. Farmer and H.R. Chandrasekhar, Phys. Rev. B53, 15617 (1996-I).
- Neutron transmutation doping as an experimental probe for CuZn in ZnSe, E.D. Wheeler, Jack L. Boone, J.W. Farmer and H.R. Chandrasekhar, J. Appl. Phys. 81, 524 (1997).
- Incorporation of CuZn centers in ZnSe far from equilibrium, E.D. Wheeler, Jack L. Boone, J.W. Farmer and H.R. Chandrasekhar, J. Phys. Chem. Solids, 58, 79 (1997).
- Temperature dependence of Interband transitions in short period GaAs/AlAs superlattices, S. Guha, Q. Cai, M. Chandrasekhar, H.R. Chandrasekhar, H.Kim, A.D. Alvarenga, R. Vogelgesang, A.K. Ramdas and M.R. Melloch, Physics of Low Dimensional Structures, 1, 57(1997).
- Hydrostatic Pressure study of Raman phonons in YBa2(Cu0.96Ni0.04)4O8, D.J. Payne, S. Guha, M. Chandrasekhar, H.R. Chandrasekhar, B. Jayaram, and J. Ulanday, Review of High Pressure Science and Technology, 7, 535 (1998).
- Emission Spectra of Colonic Tissue and Endogenous Fluorophores, B. Banerjee, Brent Miedema and H.R. Chandrasekhar, American Journal of Medical Science, 316, 220 (1998).
- Photoluminescence of Short Period GaAs/AlAs Superlattices: a hydrostatic pressure and temperature study, S. Guha, Q. Cai, M. Chandrasekhar, H.R. Chandrasekhar, H.Kim, A.D. Alvarenga, R. Vogelgesang, A.K. Ramdas and M.R. Melloch, Phy. Rev. B58, 7222 (1998).
- On the planarity of para-Hexaphenyl, S.Guha, W. Graupner, R. Resel, M. Chandrasekhar, H.R. Chandrasekhar, R. Glaser, and G. Leising, Phys. Rev. Lett. ., 82, 3625 (1999).
- Role of basement membrane collagen and elastin in the auto-fluorescence spectra of the colon, B.Banerjee, B. Miedema and H.R. Chandrasekhar, J. Investigative Medicine, 47, 326 (1999).
- Optical properties of poly(para-phenylenes) under high pressure, S.Guha, W. Graupner, S. Yang, M. Chandrasekhar, H.R. Chandrasekhar, and G. Leising, Physica Status Solidi, 211, 177-188 (1999).
- Optical and structural properties of ZnO films deposited on GaAs by pulsed laser deposition, Y.R. Ryu, S. Zhu, H.R. Chandrasekhar, P.F. Miceli and H.W. White, J. Appl. Phys.88, 201-204 (2000).
- Geometry Dependent Electronic Properties of Highly Fluorescent Conjugated Molecules, S. Yang, W.Graupner, S. Guha, P. Puschnig, C. Martin, H. R. Chandrasekhar, M. Chandrasekhar, G. Leising, C.Ambrosch-Draxl and U. Scherf, Physical Review Letters, 85, 2388 (2000).
- GALLIUM ARSENIDE, edited by J.S. Blakemore, ISBN 0-88318-525-3, LC 87-932, 1987, book chapter with A.K. Ramdas.
- BANDGAP TUNING IN SEMICONDUCTOR HETEROSTRUCTURES, a book chapter in the Encyclopedia of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, ed; John G. Webster, Wiley & sons, (1999).
- DICTIONARY OF PURE AND APPLIED PHYSICS, H.R. Chandrasekhar, “Comprehensive Dictionary of Physics”, Dipak Basu, Editor-in-Chief; CRC Press Inc. 2001, ISBN 0-8493-2890-X.
- OPTICAL PROPERTIES OF ORGANIC WIDE BANDGAP SEMICONDUCTORS UNDER HIGH PRESSURE, S. Guha, W. Graupner, S. Yang, M. Chandrasekhar, H. R. Chandrasekhar, “Anisotropic Organic Materials” – ACS Symposium Series 798, pp 127-142 (2002).
6 Comments »
- Anand of Akruthi Fonts on Baraha, NUDI and KGP
- Anbarsan on NUDI, KAGAPA and KGP
- Ancient and Medieval Karnataka
- Bangalore, Karnataka and Kannada
- CIIL Kannada
- Classical status to Kannada
- Dr. Rajkumar
- EKAVI 29 Districts
- EKAVI GULBARGA
- EKAVI SHIMOGA
- EKAVI UTTARA KANNADA
- EKAVI BAGALKOTE
- EKAVI BANGALORE
- EKAVI BANGALORE RURAL
- EKAVI BANGALORE URBAN
- EKAVI BELGAUM
- EKAVI BELLARY
- EKAVI BIDAR
- EKAVI BIJAPUR
- EKAVI CHAMARAJANAGARA
- EKAVI CHICKKAMANGALORE
- EKAVI CHIKKABALLAPUR
- EKAVI CHITRADURGA
- EKAVI COORG-KODAGU
- EKAVI DAKSHINA KANNADA
- EKAVI DAVANGERE
- EKAVI GADAG
- EKAVI HASSAN
- EKAVI HAVERI
- EKAVI Hubli-Dharwad
- EKAVI KOLAR
- EKAVI KOPPAL
- EKAVI MANDYA
- EKAVI MYSORE
- EKAVI RAICHUR
- EKAVI RAMANAGARA
- EKAVI TUMKUR
- EKAVI UDUPI
- EKAVI Activities
- EKAVI College
- EKAVI Colleges
- EKAVI ellaKAVI
- EKAVI functions
- EKAVI Group
- EKAVI Mahithi Hakku -RTI
- EKAVI Meetings and Minutes
- ekavi sabhe
- EKAVI Schools
- EKAVI Suvarna Karnataka Program
- EKAVI USA
- EKAVI YUVAPREMI
- GOK SCHOOL ADOPTION PROGRAM
- Google Kannada
- Govt. of Karnataka – GoK
- History of Karnataka
- Kannada and Kannadigas North America
- Kannada and Linux
- Kannada and Open source
- Kannada Blogs
- KANNADA CARTOONS
- Kannada Chair Issues
- Kannada chalavaligalu
- KANNADA CLASS
- KANNADA COOKING
- Kannada DASA SAHITYA
- KANNADA eMagazines ePatrikes
- Kannada Films Screening in USA
- KANNADA FONTS
- Kannada Fonts Developers
- Kannada Fonts Piracy
- Kannada gadegalu
- Kannada Ganaka Parishat
- Kannada Googlepages
- KANNADA GREETINGS
- KANNADA GROUPS
- Kannada Kali of USA
- KANNADA KARNATAKA
- KANNADA KARNATAKA RAJYOTASAVA
- KANNADA kavanas
- Kannada Kootas
- Kannada Kootas, Sanghas – GULF
- Kannada Kootas, Sanghas – SINGAPORE
- Kannada Kootas, Sanghas-New Zealand
- Kannada Kootas,Assocations,Sanghas-CANADA
- KANNADA Kootas,Associations,Sanghas-USA
- KANNADA Language Issues
- KANNADA Learning Centers
- Kannada Lessons
- KANNADA Movies
- Kannada Nadina Prakruthiya Chitragalu
- Kannada News
- Kannada News Articles
- KANNADA On Line
- Kannada on YoUTube
- KANNADA Open Source
- Kannada Pressreleases
- Kannada Radio
- Kannada Related Associations
- KANNADA SAMMELANA
- Kannada Sanghas, Balagas, Kootas – UK
- Kannada Shalegalu
- Kannada Software Development -KSD
- KANNADA Songs
- Kannada Talents
- KANNADA teaching in USA
- KANNADA TV Channels
- KANNADA WEBSITES
- Kannada Writers
- kannaDada bagge
- KANNADAKootas,Associations – AUSTRALIA
- Kannadigas Blogs
- KARNATAKA KANNADA DASARA
- Karnataka RTI
- Karnataka World Heritage Sites
- Kavanagalu by Kannadigas
- KDA – Kannada Development Authority
- KGP Founder Secretary on KSD issues
- KSD Disscussions
- KSD meetings
- Learn Kannada
- Legends of Karnataka
- Mahithi Hakku
- matagalu, Math
- Muttukrishnan on KGP, Nudi and KAGAPA
- Mysore Dasara
- N R I Kannadigas
- Nanjundappa Report
- nisarga – parisara premigala maasika patrike
- Oggattinalli balavide Kannadigare
- ORKUT Kannada
- Pavanaja on NUDI, Baraha and KGP
- Primary Healthcare Centers – PHC's
- Project Shiksha and Microsoft
- RCILTS Kannada
- RTI Act – Mahithi Hakku
- RULERS of MYSORE /Karnataka
- SAMPADA KANNADA
- SAMPIGE Srinivas
- Sarojini Mahishi Report
- Sathyanaryana on NUDI, BARAHA and KGP
- Schools in Karnataka State
- Sheshadri Vasu
- Short Stories by Kannadigas
- Spoken Kannada
- Suvarana Karnataka
- Temples of Karnataka
- Wikipedia Kannada
- WRITERS in KANNADA
- Yahoo Kannada