EKAVI GoK CIRCULAR on School Adoption Program
Government of Karnataka
Department of Public Instruction
No: A (1) a. p. 99-2000 dated 3-5-2000
KARNATAKA SCHOOL ADOPTION PROGRAMME
A major portion of Education Department’s budget (about 90% ) is spent on salaries of Government Primary and Secondary school teachers and as grant-in-aid to aided institutions leaving very little for development of infrastructure in Government Schools. There are an estimated 25 lakh children who are not enrolled or have dropped Schools. There are an estimated 25 lakh children who are not enrolled or have dropped out from schools. There is a lot of scope for improving teaching-learning methods and equipments, use of educational technology like usage of TV, Computer in Government Schools. Government Schools also need to be accountable to the parents and the local community for providing good and useful education to the children in the community.
Hence it has been felt desirable to invite donors, corporate houses and individuals who are interested to enter into partnership with the Department of Public instruction for the cause of education and empower and uplift the socially and economically disadvantaged sections of the society by adopting Government Schools.
Under this program the donors can select any school of their choice and prepare a “Program of Action” for a period of two years for the all round development of the School or select specific areas of intervention aimed at improving the educational system in the school.
The District Deputy Director of Public Instruction is permitted to approve the “Program of Action” prepared by the Donor and sign a Memorandum of understanding with the donor/corporate body/individual. A model M O U is also enclosed. This M O U is valid for a period of two years and can be renewed if the partnership is found to be fruitful with mutual consent.
The donor can put-up a Board on the school building stating that the school has been adopted by the donor.
The donors can take up any one or all the activities suggested in the Annexure or formulate their own proposals in this regard. The Department will provide all necessary support and ensure smooth processing of approvals of civic authorities wherever required.
The Deputy Director will appoint one nodal officer of the department to be in continuous contact with the donor to sort out any problems that may arise during the implementation of the project. All civil structures built by the donor in the school premises and all equipment provided by the donor to the school premises and all equipment provided by the donor to the school will become part of the school property and the ownership lies with school. The donor has no powers to dispose of or transfer any of these materials once they are donated to the school. The donor is not permitted to use the school premises for non-academic activities.
Commissioner of Public Instruction
Memorandum of Understanding
(to be signed on 15 Rs. Stamp paper)
This Memorandum of Understanding is entered into on this …… day of ………2000, between the Departmetn of Public Instruction represented by the Deputy Director of Public Instruction …………..District, ……………. on the other part, hereinafter called the Donor.
Where as the Donor in collaboration with the Departmetn of Public Instruction has desired to take up the all round improvement of the school situated in …………..village/town, as per circular of the Commissioner of Public Instruction A5(1) dattu yojane / 99-2000 dated 3-5-2000, and has agreed to adopt the said school as per the guidelines in the said circular by preparing a “Program of Action”.
The Donor has identified the following points for preparing the “Program of Action”-
The Donor and the representative of the department have together agreed to implement the “Program of Action” and the Deputy Director will appoint a nodal officer for its implementation. The nodal officer shall ensure the smooth processing of all approvals. All civil structures built by the Donor and all equipment provided will become part of the school property.
This Memorandum of Understanding will be valid for a period of two years. After reviewing the results of the partnership and mutual consent the MOU can be renewed for further periods of two years at a time.
This day this MOU has been read agreed and signed by both the parties.
FOR DONOR DEPUTY DIRECTOR
Place: For Department of Public Instruction
1. Provision of water and toilet facilities to the school separately for boys and girls.
2. Construction, Renovation of existing buildings.
3. Provisions for developing school garden, fencing or compound wall.
4. Provision of equipment and furniture.
5. Providing Computers / funding for computer training of students.
6. Strengthening of Laboratory and Library.
7. Developing of play ground / provision of play materials.
8. Training of teachers to improve quality of teaching.
9. Training of students to develop various skills, leadership etc.
10. Sponsoring students / teachers for educational visits.
11. Adopting girl children/ SC,ST children.
12. Sponsoring cultural, literacy and scientific activities in the school
13. Giving scholarship to needy students.
14. Providing nutritional food as mid-day meals to children.
15. Adoptions of slums near the school.
16. Encouraging vocational job oriented activities as part of co-curricular activities.
17. Adoption of orphans studying in the school.
18. Taking up at least one activity – scouts and guides, sevadal, Junior Red Cross, NCC, Science clubs, environmental awareness camps, citizenship training camps etc.
19. Running Balawadis for Pre-School children.
20. Taking up Remedial classes for first generation and economically and socially backward children.
21. Involving parents in development activities of the school.
4 Comments »
- Anand of Akruthi Fonts on Baraha, NUDI and KGP
- Anbarsan on NUDI, KAGAPA and KGP
- Ancient and Medieval Karnataka
- Bangalore, Karnataka and Kannada
- CIIL Kannada
- Classical status to Kannada
- Dr. Rajkumar
- EKAVI 29 Districts
- EKAVI GULBARGA
- EKAVI SHIMOGA
- EKAVI UTTARA KANNADA
- EKAVI BAGALKOTE
- EKAVI BANGALORE
- EKAVI BANGALORE RURAL
- EKAVI BANGALORE URBAN
- EKAVI BELGAUM
- EKAVI BELLARY
- EKAVI BIDAR
- EKAVI BIJAPUR
- EKAVI CHAMARAJANAGARA
- EKAVI CHICKKAMANGALORE
- EKAVI CHIKKABALLAPUR
- EKAVI CHITRADURGA
- EKAVI COORG-KODAGU
- EKAVI DAKSHINA KANNADA
- EKAVI DAVANGERE
- EKAVI GADAG
- EKAVI HASSAN
- EKAVI HAVERI
- EKAVI Hubli-Dharwad
- EKAVI KOLAR
- EKAVI KOPPAL
- EKAVI MANDYA
- EKAVI MYSORE
- EKAVI RAICHUR
- EKAVI RAMANAGARA
- EKAVI TUMKUR
- EKAVI UDUPI
- EKAVI Activities
- EKAVI College
- EKAVI Colleges
- EKAVI ellaKAVI
- EKAVI functions
- EKAVI Group
- EKAVI Mahithi Hakku -RTI
- EKAVI Meetings and Minutes
- ekavi sabhe
- EKAVI Schools
- EKAVI Suvarna Karnataka Program
- EKAVI USA
- EKAVI YUVAPREMI
- GOK SCHOOL ADOPTION PROGRAM
- Google Kannada
- Govt. of Karnataka – GoK
- History of Karnataka
- Kannada and Kannadigas North America
- Kannada and Linux
- Kannada and Open source
- Kannada Blogs
- KANNADA CARTOONS
- Kannada Chair Issues
- Kannada chalavaligalu
- KANNADA CLASS
- KANNADA COOKING
- Kannada DASA SAHITYA
- KANNADA eMagazines ePatrikes
- Kannada Films Screening in USA
- KANNADA FONTS
- Kannada Fonts Developers
- Kannada Fonts Piracy
- Kannada gadegalu
- Kannada Ganaka Parishat
- Kannada Googlepages
- KANNADA GREETINGS
- KANNADA GROUPS
- Kannada Kali of USA
- KANNADA KARNATAKA
- KANNADA KARNATAKA RAJYOTASAVA
- KANNADA kavanas
- Kannada Kootas
- Kannada Kootas, Sanghas – GULF
- Kannada Kootas, Sanghas – SINGAPORE
- Kannada Kootas, Sanghas-New Zealand
- Kannada Kootas,Assocations,Sanghas-CANADA
- KANNADA Kootas,Associations,Sanghas-USA
- KANNADA Language Issues
- KANNADA Learning Centers
- Kannada Lessons
- KANNADA Movies
- Kannada Nadina Prakruthiya Chitragalu
- Kannada News
- Kannada News Articles
- KANNADA On Line
- Kannada on YoUTube
- KANNADA Open Source
- Kannada Pressreleases
- Kannada Radio
- Kannada Related Associations
- KANNADA SAMMELANA
- Kannada Sanghas, Balagas, Kootas – UK
- Kannada Shalegalu
- Kannada Software Development -KSD
- KANNADA Songs
- Kannada Talents
- KANNADA teaching in USA
- KANNADA TV Channels
- KANNADA WEBSITES
- Kannada Writers
- kannaDada bagge
- KANNADAKootas,Associations – AUSTRALIA
- Kannadigas Blogs
- KARNATAKA KANNADA DASARA
- Karnataka RTI
- Karnataka World Heritage Sites
- Kavanagalu by Kannadigas
- KDA – Kannada Development Authority
- KGP Founder Secretary on KSD issues
- KSD Disscussions
- KSD meetings
- Learn Kannada
- Legends of Karnataka
- Mahithi Hakku
- matagalu, Math
- Muttukrishnan on KGP, Nudi and KAGAPA
- Mysore Dasara
- N R I Kannadigas
- Nanjundappa Report
- nisarga – parisara premigala maasika patrike
- Oggattinalli balavide Kannadigare
- ORKUT Kannada
- Pavanaja on NUDI, Baraha and KGP
- Primary Healthcare Centers – PHC's
- Project Shiksha and Microsoft
- RCILTS Kannada
- RTI Act – Mahithi Hakku
- RULERS of MYSORE /Karnataka
- SAMPADA KANNADA
- SAMPIGE Srinivas
- Sarojini Mahishi Report
- Sathyanaryana on NUDI, BARAHA and KGP
- Schools in Karnataka State
- Sheshadri Vasu
- Short Stories by Kannadigas
- Spoken Kannada
- Suvarana Karnataka
- Temples of Karnataka
- Wikipedia Kannada
- WRITERS in KANNADA
- Yahoo Kannada